THE BRIDGE MINISTRY, INC.
After you have completed the online application, please sign and date this Resident Contract. Your application is not complete until we have this along with your complete criminal history.
This Contract is made as of the date signed below by “Resident,” and The Bridge Ministry, Inc., “Bridge,” a Virginia non-stock (non-profit) corporation. Resident and Bridge agree:
1. Recitals: Bridge operates a residential facility in Buckingham County, Virginia, where troubled men live highly disciplined lives. Bridge residents receive room, board and program services. Bridge program services are explicitly Christian. Bridge teaches that freedom from addictive behaviors begins on the foundation of faith in the Gospel and person of Jesus Christ.
2. Payments: Resident is responsible for payments toward room, board and basic supervision only, not any other program services (the Basic Rate). Based on Resident’s ability to pay, and Bridge’s costs for room, board and basic supervision, Resident and Bridge agree that Resident shall pay Bridge the Basic Rate of $200.00 per month.
3. Guarantor: The following family, friends, Church or other organization supports Resident by guaranteeing the payment of the Basic Rate as described in paragraph 2. Guarantor signs this Agreement below for the sole purpose of guaranteeing to Bridge the payment of the Basic rate for so long as Resident remains at the Bridge Campus.
4. Resident Obligations and Understandings: In addition to the payment of the Basic Rate, Resident agrees:
a. I will abide by the Rules of the Bridge Ministry Handbook and such other rules as Bridge staff impose from time to time whether I agree with them or not. I agree to submit to the authority of Bridge staff at all times.
b. I understand that the Bridge Campus is not a medical treatment facility. My withdrawal from drugs, alcohol and cigarettes will be “cold turkey” without any type of prescribed medication.
c. I UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS CONTRACT I RELEASE THE BRIDGE MINISTRY, INC., ITS OFFICERS, BOARD MEMBERS, STAFF, VOLUNTEERS, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS AND EMPLOYEES FROM ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACCIDENT, INJURY, ILLNESS, OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING MENTAL CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, OCCURRING OR RESULTING FROM MY RESIDENCE AT BRIDGE OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY WAY IN THE BRIDGE PROGRAM, WHETHER AT THE BRIDGE CAMPUS OR ANYWHERE ELSE.
d. I understand that work is expected of all Bridge residents and that I will not receive payment for work I do while in the Bridge program, except such work as may be specially assigned me by Bridge as paid work.
e. I understand that my rights to privacy are severely curtailed while I am residing at Bridge. Bridge may at any time without notice search, read or withhold my mail or other deliveries to me; Bridge may search my person and my belongings and my assigned space at any time without notice; and Bridge may take from me without return any property it deems unsuitable for my having while a resident.
5. Dismissal or Withdrawal: If I am dismissed from the Bridge program, or withdraw from the Bridge program, any Basic Rate payments by me or my Guarantor are forfeited to Bridge.
6. Entire Agreement: This Contract is the entire agreement between Resident, Bridge and, if applicable, Guarantor, on the terms of Resident’s residence at Bridge. It may only be modified in writing signed by Bridge and Resident, and where applicable, Guarantor.
7. Governing Law: This Contract shall be governed by the law of Virginia.